Drug services in Warrington
Warrington Drug and Alcohol Action Team
Drug strategy 2010 - Reducing demand, restricting supply, building recovery: supporting people to live a drug free life.
By reducing demand, restricting supply and supporting individuals to recover we will enable people and their families to live lives to the full, local areas will be safer places to live and public investment will deliver greater value for money.
Key to successful delivery will be the following best practice outcomes:
- Freedom from dependence on drugs or alcohol
- Prevention of drug related deaths and blood borne viruses
- A reduction in crime and re-offending
- Sustained employment
- The ability to access and sustain suitable accommodation
- Improvement in mental and physical health and wellbeing
- Improved relationships with family members, partners and friends
- The capacity to be an effective and caring parent
The next steps with this strategy will be:
- To engage with local areas and key partners and explore what this strategy means for them
- To enable local areas and key partners to work up their plans for implementation and delivery of the prevention, early intervention, enforcement and recovery approaches set out in the strategy
- To encourage local areas to work together in the joint design and commissioning of services
- To continue to develop and publish the evidence base on what works
You can download our training programme (pdf) which contains details of training courses available to agencies that work with drug and alcohol users in Warrington.
For further information about services in Warrington please contact the DAAT.