housingplus gives free, confidential and independent information, help and advice to people living in Warrington who have housing problems.
We also provide a range of housing and homelessness services including:
- Private Rented Sector Bond Scheme
- Interest Free Loan Scheme
- Mortgage Rescue Scheme
- Mediation service
- Sanctuary Scheme
- Access to hostels and supported housing
- Initial contact services for Chooseahome and Golden Gates Housing Trust
- Disabled Facilities Grants and Disabled Facilities Agency Service
- Houses in multiple occupation
- Property inspections for immigration purposes
- Home energy efficiency advice
- Housing grants and assistance
- Information for landlords
- Support and advice for tenants
- Local Authority Mortgage Scheme
- Advice on renting out your home
- Poor housing conditions
- Empty dwellings
- Cheshire Landlord Accreditation Scheme (CLAS)
- Landlord forum
- Harassment and illegal eviction
To help us to establish your needs you will be seen by one of our advisors who will provide an initial assessment of your housing needs to ensure that you receive the best service we can provide to you.
For information about applying for social housing visit the CHOOSEaHOME website. Please note not all housing associations advertise their properties through CHOOSEaHOME you may wish to contact the associations directly.
We are open on:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9am – 5pm
Wednesday: 9am – 5pm (Closed 12noon - 2pm for staff training)
Quick, brief queries may be answered by phone.
You can contact us to make an appointment to see one of our housing advisors, or come to our drop-in service between 9am and 4pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and Wednesday 9am-12noon & 2pm-4pm .
For people who are unable to attend our offices because of illness or disability, we can provide home visits.