The fair employment plan sets out the agenda for eliminating all forms of discrimination in employment under all strands of equalities including race, ethnicity, national origin, gender (including gender reassignment), marital status, sexuality, disability, religion and belief, age, trade union activity or political belief, social class and the rehabilitation of former offenders.
It aims to:
- Ensure no one receives less favourable treatment or is disadvantaged by conditions, requirements, provisions, criteria, procedures or practices that cannot be justified, or is victimised for taking action against discrimination or harassment or instructed or put under pressure to discriminate against, or harass someone.
- Ensure opportunities for employment, training and promotion are equally open to all, and that selection for employment, promotion, transfer and training, and access to benefits, facilities and services, will be fair and equitable and based solely on merit.
- Eliminate all forms of discrimination and harassment in employment
- Promote equality of opportunity and good relations
- Value and promote differences within Warrington’s workforce
- Be proactive in complying with our legal duties and responsibilities
- Improve the way we measure and monitor the workforce and potential workforce
- Analyse the impact of our policies and procedures in employment by undertaking Equality Impact Assessments and take the required actions to eliminate any unfair practices
This statement of intent applies to all aspects of employment from recruitment to termination and former employee’s rights.
The Fair Employment Statement is available in the Downloads section.