Warrington is served by a very good network of bus services. Most places are connected by bus to the town centre and there is a new orbital bus service (Connect 17) linking the main employment parks in the north of the town.
You can also download the app to check the timetables on the move (search the app store for 'Network Warrington').
Bus journey planning
If you need help on planning your bus journey in Warrington take a look at Network Warrington's journey planner.
You can also contact Traveline, the national public transport journey planner with up to date information on services to your destination. Visit the Traveline website's 'planning your journey' section or ring them on 0871 200 22 33.
Cashless bus travel
Network Warrington have a Midas Card (NW website) which you can top up and then use to pay for your ticket.
Free bus passes are available for the elderly and disabled. Find out more information and how to apply:
School bus passes
When and how to apply for pupils attending mainstream school:
Warrington bus interchange
The Warrington bus interchange is the main place to catch buses to anywhere in Warrington. It is also an important gateway to the town centre with most services terminating at the Interchange. The Central rail station is only a short walk away.
Bus stop problems
If you notice a problem with a bus stop, i.e. it's damaged or requires cleaning, please use the bus stop problem online form to report it to us
Useful websites of the main bus operators:
Network Warrington website - For timetable and ticketing information on services provided by Network Warrington, who provide the majority of services in the Warrington area. They are also running the new Connect 17 service which links the town centre with Lingley Mere, Gemini Park, Orford Neighbourhood Hub, the Warrington Collegiate, University of Chester and Birchwood Park. Visit the Connect 17 website.
Arriva website - For timetable and ticketing information on services provided by Arriva buses who provide six local services connecting Warrington with Liverpool, Runcorn, Chester, Wigan and Daresbury.
National Express website - For timetable and ticketing information on National Express services which go direct to Liverpool, Stoke-on-Trent, Birmingham, Leeds and London.
Tips for new bus users
If you have never used a bus before then it may seem quite daunting! Here are some useful tips to help you on your way.
- Use the Warrington public transport map and guide to find out which services meet your needs.
- Use the websites to check the latest times of your bus
- Try the journey planners (Traveline and Transport Direct) to give you options on the best journey available
- Consider buying a bus pass for a week, month etc to make greater savings and save time getting on the bus. If in doubt ask at the travel centre at the Warrington bus interchange.
- Use the walk to and from the bus stops as part of your daily exercise routine
- If the bus shelter is not up to our usual standards, please let us know by filling in the online form for a bus stop problem. We will seek to put things right.
- Make sure you thank the driver. It can be a tough job!