Centre Park Link
Our Executive Board have approved award of the construction contract for the scheme in March 2018 and we anticipate construction of the link to start in Winter 2018 (subject to land assembly).
The project proposes a bridge crossing across the River Mersey from Chester Road, just north of Gainsborough Road. This proposed crossing would join onto an extended Slutchers Lane leading from Wilson Patten Street. A new signal controlled junction is to be constructed at each end of the new link on Chester Road and Wilson Patten Street.
The original scheme has changed over time in response to public consultation. Here's a summary of your feedback on the scheme and subsequent progress:
- There's been strong support for the new link
- Some concerns about the potential one-way system in the town centre
- An alternative solution has now been agreed which does not require a one way system
- The bus gate should be opened to general traffic in the future
- The option to allow general traffic to use the bus gate in the future is still under consideration but is not planned for delivery
- At present a number of legal issues which prevent us from opening the route are being investigated and traffic surveys/analysis is ongoing underway to fully understand the wider network implications
- Proposals for traffic calming on Gainsborough Road should be introduced as a trial to ensure residents are happy with the solution before being introduced permanently
- A separate consultation will be undertaken for proposed trial traffic calming on Gainsborough Road.
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org with any scheme specific enquiries.
If you'd like to join the Centre Park Link mailing list to be kept up to date with scheme progress, please email the project team stating ‘I would like to receive Centre Park Link email updates’. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing ‘unsubscribe’ to the same address.
Below is a visualisation of the new bridge as well as a detailed flythrough...