There are several winter housing grants, discounts and schemes aimed at helping people who may be over a certain age or on certain benefits.
Warrington Warm Homes Fund
The Warrington Warm Home Fund is run by Warrington Home Information and Improvement Agency (WHiA).
If you are over 60 or are housebound or vulnerable, WHiA may be able to provide you with some free services for a limited period.
- Repairing broken heating.
- Making better use of heating systems.
- Funding emergency repairs via trusted contractor.
- Insulating your home.
- Fitting draught proofing and other small measures to cut bills and keep you warm.
- Fitting low energy light bulbs.
To see if you can access some of these free services, call WHiA on 01925 246812 or email email@example.com
Warm Home Discount Scheme
Over the winter period, you may be able to get money off your electricity bill through the government’s Warm Home Discount Scheme. The discount won’t affect your Cold Weather Payment or Winter Fuel Payment.