ICT Teacher - Chaigeley School - Jobs
- School Jobs
- Vacancy type
- Full time
- Lymm Road, Thelwall, Warrington, WA4 2TE
Start date: As soon as possible
The Trustees of Chaigeley Educational Foundation are seeking a new Teacher of Computing/ICT and Work Related Learning to start as soon as possible. The ideal candidate will be aligned to the schools ethos of promoting a growth mindset and enabling our pupils to reach their potential, whilst demonstrating robustness for the challenges the pupils may present. Students can be challenging and times and have various SEMH needs that may impact upon learning. Teaching is done in small groups and the ability to relate to and understand our students is a key factor in successful teaching and classroom management.
At KS2 and KS3 the successful candidate will be teaching ICT and computing based schemes of work covering animation, data capture, business applications, publications, programming, computer systems, websites and video/audio.
At KS4 we are currently following the OCR Creative iMedia pathway and Functional Skills Level 1 and 2 in ICT. We may also be looking to introduce an IT Support Technicians course in the near future.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a passionate Teacher of ICT and Work Related Learning to work in a challenging but rewarding environment where there is a close knit community of teachers and support staff that promotes belonging and success.
As a Teacher of Computing / ICT and Work Related Learning you will preferably:
- Have QTS or be working towards QTS
- Have a passion for Computing and ICT
- Have a knowledge of work related learning courses and their delivery
- Be able to Teach Computing and ICT across KS2-4
- Have strong teaching ability
- Be dedicated to the progress of your students
- Have a proactive and positive can do' attitude
- Have excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of OCR Creative imedia
- Be able to promote use of technology across the school.
- Knowledge of ICT Functional Skills
- Knowledge of IT support processes
Because of the size and nature of the school you may be required occasionally to assist in some aspects of ICT Support such as user administration, software installation, website updates and network moves and changes. A knowledge of IT Support would be an advantage.
Completed application forms to be emailed to email@example.com by 12:00 noon 24th April 2019
Short listing: 25th April
Interviews: To be held week commencing 6th May
- Teachers main Pay Scale M1 – M6
- Closing Date
- Wednesday 24th April 2019