Mayoral Attendants - Various Hours (Please see advert text) - Jobs
- Vacancy type
- Various please see advert text
- Please see advert text
- West Annex - Town Hall
- Closing Date
- Thursday 12th January 2017
MAYORAL ATTENDANT – 16 hours per week (annualised over 12 months)
Fixed term up to 31 December 2017 but subject to review
Grade 4 (£16,772 - £17,891)*
POOL DRIVERS to cover for absence paid on an hourly rate (£8.69 - £9.27)* (Fixed term up to 31 December 2017)
We are looking for a Mayoral Attendant (16 hours up to December 2017) and Pool Drivers to support a thriving Democratic & Member Services Section at Warrington Borough Council. Join us and you will assist in:
1. Supporting the Mayor and Mayoress/Consort, Deputy Mayor & Deputy Mayoress/Consort and accompany them at functions, meetings and other events, ensuring the Mayor’s proper recognition by acting as announcer and toastmaster as required.
2. Providing an appropriate chauffeur service to the Mayor and Mayoress/Consort, Deputy Mayor and Deputy Mayoress/Consort, including the
· driving of the civic cars,
· ensuring that the cars are in immaculate order at all times, cleaning as necessary,
· ensuring that servicing and repairs are properly carried out at appropriate times and the vehicle is checked before each engagement.
3. Being responsible for the proper care and safekeeping of the Mayoral insignia, eg. Chains of Office, Sword, Mace, Robes and associated apparel whilst on duty.
4. Ensuring safe custody of the civic robes and regalia, ensuring that they are returned to the appropriate locations for safe keeping after use.
5. Ceremonial duties at key civic events
6. To undertake tours of the Town Hall for members of the public and visiting organisations, detailing the history of the building and civic regalia.
Reporting directly to the Democratic Services Officer, you will play a key role in a team that supports its first Citizen.
For an informal discussion or further details, please contact Jennie Cordwell, Democratic Services Officer on 01925 442139.
Closing Date: 12 January 2017
Interviews: provisionally 17 January 2017
A driving assessment will be carried out as part of the interview process.
Application forms and further details are available from:
www.warrington.gov.uk/jobs Tel: 01925 442040 (24 hr).
Please quote reference number.
Committed to equality at work and in our community.
*Pay rates as at 1 April 2016