Team Administrator -Together for Adoption (Regional Adoption Agency) - Jobs
- Vacancy type
- Secondment for six months
- £16,822 - 19,008 (G4) depending on skills and experience
- choice of locations across Warrington, Wigan, St Helens, Halton and Cheshire West and Chester but moving to the Hub base in Warrington from September
- Closing Date
- Friday 30 June 2017
**Open to employees of Warrington, Wigan, St Helens, Halton, and Cheshire West and Chester councils and VAA partners only**
Secondment opportunity (please seek agreement from your manager before applying for the role) from July 2017
• 5 days per week
• Closing date: 30 June 2017
An exciting opportunity has arisen to provide administrative support to a regional adoption agency for Warrington, Wigan, St Helens, Halton and Cheshire West and Chester – Together for Adoption.
The new service will deliver adoption services and will work alongside local authorities once the decision has been made that adoption is the best plan for the child.
We’re looking for someone with exceptional organisational and communication skills to support the Interim Service Manager to meet the ambitious timescales we’ve set ourselves for establishing the new RAA.
You will be required to:
• Work alongside the Senior Administrator and Panel Administrator to ensure that a high quality administrative function is provided for the Regional Adoption Agency.
• Respond to routine and ad hoc requests for information from line management, internal and external sources in a timely and responsive manner.
• Work alongside a variety of colleagues to plan workloads and ensure a timely turnaround of panel documentation.
• Produce high quality records of meetings.
• Take a solution based approach to resolve issues working collaboratively with colleagues at all levels of the Council.
• Make the best use of resources when exploring ways to respond and resolve issues.
• Be able to work flexibly and to travel to meetings across the five local authorities.
Our ideal candidate will have:
• NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or a similar qualification.
• Experience of taking minutes and actions in order to produce accurate records of meetings.
• Experience of agenda planning, arranging and diarising meetings.
• Experience of using electronic recording systems.
• Experience of collating and presenting management information.
• Good IT Skills with the ability to use various software packages.
• Ability to present information clearly and within agreed templates.
• Ability to collate information and prepare good quality, easily understandable data.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise a varied work load effectively.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Ability to deal effectively and appropriately with the personal circumstances of our clients.
Note: previous administrative support or experience/ qualifications is desirable but not essential.
Please note this is not a Warrington Borough Council vacancy, management of this vacancy is Wigan Council.
For further information about the role please contact
Project Development Officer
01942 828 354
To apply for the role please provide a 1 page expression of interest setting out previous experience which demonstrates your ability to cover the role. Please indicate which element of the project you would wish to support. Please return to Ian Wraith at the above email address by 23 June 2017.