Office Manager / Headteacher’s PA - Barnton Community Nursery and Primary School - Jobs
- 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Vacancy type
- Full time
- Grade 6: £19, 317 - £22,212 (pro rata) per annum.
- Townfield Lane, Barnton, Cheshire, CW8 4QL
- Closing Date
- Thursday 29 June 2017
NOR: 405, plus 7 place MLD Unit (Primary Resourced Provision from Sept 2007)
The most amazing opportunity has arisen as part of an enthusiastic, motivated, forward thinking and dynamic team here at Barnton Community Nursery and Primary School as the Office Manager and Headteacher’s PA.
This role demands an individual who can role their sleeves up, use their initiative and immerse themselves in our culture and ethos. The pace is fast, life is exciting, and this role will be truly rewarding for the right person.
Is that person you?
The purpose of this role is to guarantee that our school runs like clockwork by ensuring you are that step ahead, with every aspect of school organisation within your control. This will require relentless energy, stamina and a commitment to working in close partnership with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team, in a manner that is professional and efficient.
In return we can offer you the most supportive and motivated team to work alongside, with an absolute commitment to strive to achieve the highest standards possible and to ensure a creative and inspiring environment.
Barnton Community Nursery and Primary School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced disclosure.
Interested parties are welcome to visit the school.
Please contact the school office on 01606 74784 to arrange a visit.
Interview Date: Week beginning 3rd July
To be considered for this opportunity, we will require you to:
- Be well-presented, driven and naturally self-motivated
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Slot into an established, hard-working team and have the ability to lead, and be instrumental in its success
- Be committed and organised, and able to prioritise tasks efficiently
- Have previous work experience within an Office Management position, desirably within a school environment
- Have the ability to learn new processes, tasks and systems quickly, and with a smile on your face
- Be confident dealing with people in person and over the telephone
- Have a great sense of humour and a warm hospitable approach to colleagues and visitors alike.
- Managing, supervising, leading and supporting all clerical staff, to ensure the effective day to day operation of the office
- Provide secretarial support to the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team
- Provide administrative support to Members, Trustees, Governors and our Friends of the School Association
- Oversee the preparation and formulation of the school budget, including advising on strategic budgetary position
- Oversee the preparation of reports on financial matters
- Oversee pupil records, including admissions and attendance
- Monitor HR records and oversee updates on the Single Central Record
- Ensure safekeeping of medication within school
- Oversee Health & Safety and site maintenance, liaising with caretaking staff
- Oversee the supply of goods and services to the school
- Additional duties and tasks when required