Learning Mentor - Penketh High School - Jobs
- Vacancy type
- Full time - term time only
- Penketh High School
Penketh High School
Warrington, WA5 2BY
Tel 01925 722298
Salary Grade 5 point 14-18 £15,988 - £18546
37 hours per week, term time only
Key Purpose: To work with the Head of Year to support, motivate and challenge pupils.
To help pupils to overcome barriers to learning caused by social, emotional and behavioural problems.
- To engage with an identified group of children as a mentor, including having a role in academic monitoring and raising achievement.
- To maintain links with excluded pupils including collating provision and collection of work.
- Home school liaison.
- To have a major responsibility in monitoring SIMS daily, dealing with ‘incident management’ and communicating action taken to relevant parties.
- To maintain / update pupils’ files, including targeted files, ensuring that current position is easily identified.
Penketh High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate(s) will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Details can be found on www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies.bodies/dbs
Closing date for this vacancy: Wednesday 20th September 2017
- Grade 5 point 14-18 £15,988 - £18546
- Closing Date
- Wednesday. 20th September 2017