Headteacher - Woolston Brook School - Jobs
- Vacancy type
- Full time - Permanent
- Woolston Brook School, Green Ln, Warrington, WA1 4JL
Woolston Brook School
SEMH School, Warrington, Cheshire.
Salary Scale: L14-L27 (£53,712- £73,144) – depending on experience.
Do you have high integrity?
Are you committed to meeting the needs of disadvantaged and challenging children? Then you could be the person we are looking for.
Due to the impending retirement of our current Head teacher we are seeking an inspirational leader who will preserve the caring, supportive ethos of our school whilst moving it to further success.
As Head teacher of Woolston Brook School, you will have the chance to steer and shape our school and deliver the kind of education you’ve always wanted to. You will set the vision for the future of the school, ensuring we have the right people and plans in place to see that our young people – whatever their needs – leave the school feeling proud of what they’ve achieved and what they’re capable of. And with the backing of the broader management team, a range of supporting specialist teachers and support staff along with excellent facilities, we know we’re all set for a bright future.
That’s why we’re looking for someone who’s pretty unique. Ultimately, you’re an outstanding Head teacher or Deputy Head who has a genuine passion and working knowledge of SEN. But, as importantly, you’re someone who is resilient, innovative and has the type of enthusiasm that’s infectious, so that you bring about change in a positive way. You’re also sensitive, respectfully challenging, patient and kind: just the type of leader our young people, staff and community can relate to.
For children and young people with complex, challenging needs, the level of care and education must go above and beyond. That’s what drives us, here at Woolston Brook. We provide high quality specialist support for young people from the ages of 8 to 16. Indeed, in the Warrington area we are a leading provider of specialist education and care for children and young people with social, emotional and mental health needs, complex learning needs and challenging behaviours. We have a reputation for excellence and of achieving the highest possible outcomes. In short, we’re creating life opportunities.
To succeed in this role you will need:
• A track record of effective senior leadership, with an emphasis on strategic leadership and improvement.
• A belief in the importance of nurture.
• Expert knowledge of the field of special needs education.
• Drive and passion about achievement for all pupils.
• Experience in raising standards and managing change.
• An ability to influence and forge strong working relationships.
• An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences including staff, pupils and parents.
In return Woolston Brook will offer you:
• A highly committed leadership team and dedicated staff.
• A committed, supportive and challenging Governing Body, who understand the needs of the whole child.
• Pupils who never fail to amaze and intrigue.
• A warm and welcoming environment.
Should you wish to visit the school prior to completing an application please telephone the school on 01925 818549 to arrange an appointment.
Appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure being sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Closing date: Friday 09 March 2018
Shortlisting: Thursday 15 March 2018
Interviews: Monday 26 and Tuesday27 March 2018
- L14 - L27 (£53,712- £73,144)
- Closing Date
- Friday 09 March 2018