Headteacher - St Stephen's Catholic Primary School - Jobs
- Vacancy type
- Full time - Permanent
- St Stephen's Catholic Primary School
St Stephen’s Catholic Primary School
‘Working together to succeed, through faith in Jesus Christ’
Interim Headteacher: Mrs C Orrell Sandy Lane
Telephone 01925 630100 Website st-stephens-catholic.eschools.co.uk
Required for September 2018 – Headteacher
ISR: 15-21 Depending on experience
“ St Stephen’s Catholic Primary School is an outstanding school that successfully combines above average academic standards, a very caring environment and lots of fun!” Ofsted 2009
St. Stephen’s Catholic Primary School serves the parish and community of St Stephen’s Parish and the community of Orford, Warrington. This popular, successful and inclusive school is a voluntary aided Catholic school within the Archdiocese of Liverpool.
The Governors are looking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and committed Headteacher to lead our outstanding school and maintain this standard. This is a wonderful opportunity for a vibrant and kind person who, in partnership with staff, children, senior leaders and governors, will be instrumental in the continued and future success of our school. The successful applicant will be a practising Catholic with relevant appropriate experience, some of which should have been in a Catholic primary school. The position offers the exciting prospect of working as part of a happy, enthusiastic team within a friendly, positive and inclusive learning environment where every child matters.
We can provide:
- a happy, loving, nurturing and secure environment underpinned by a Catholic ethos built on the teachings of Christ
- enthusiastic, motivated, well behaved and happy children who are keen to learn and do their very best
- a hard-working, talented and supportive staff team who are dedicated to enabling all our children to achieve their potential
- a supportive and influential governing body with a clear vision for the future of our lovely school
- Strong and engaging support from parents/carers along with positive and established links with the Parish as well as the local and wider communities
You will bring:
- a passion for our school including a genuine enthusiasm and love of children, staff and all that happens at St Stephen’s, helping us to grow even closer as a loving family
- a clear vision for our school and the skills and ability to implement this vision in partnership with all key members of the school community including Governors, staff, parents, parish, local community and children
- A commitment to an outstanding education for all children in our care underpinned by high expectations thus securing high achievement and attainment for all
- an understanding and dedication to the importance of worklife balance for all stakeholders within school where the care and well being of all is of vital importance
- the ability and skills to promote, enhance and nurture our Catholic ethos, further strengthening our partnership with parents/carers, parish and wider community
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills which will develop leadership and management at all levels throughout the school; you must be approachable and be prepared to listen to staff and children to help us grow even closer as a family
- proven successful leadership and management experience where you will be a positive role model and ‘lead by example’
The school was last inspected by OFSTED in February 2009 and judged its overall effectiveness as Outstanding.
The school last received an RE inspection in November 2014 and our provision for RE was judged to be Outstanding.
Completed applications should be returned to: Mr McEvoy, Chair of Governors
c/o St Stephen’s Catholic Primary School email to: StStephens_Primary@warrington.gov.uk
Visits to the school are more than welcome, please contact: Mrs Angela Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 14th March 2018 at 12 noon.
Short listing: 19th March 2018
Interviews: 17th and 18th April 2018
- ISR: 15-21 Depending on experience
- Closing Date
- Wednesday 14 March 2018