Class Teacher - Brook Acre Community Primary School - Jobs
- Vacancy type
- This post is full-time, fixed term until July 2018 initially
- Brook Acre Community Primary School, Hilden Road, Padgate, Warrington
Brook Acre Community Primary School
Class Teacher, predominantly Year 5
This post is full-time, fixed term until July 2018 initially
Salary: Band 1 - 3 (dependent on skills and experience)
Required for 5 April 2018 (a later start will be considered if a notice period is required)
The Governors would like to appoint an outstanding and inspirational teacher to join our excellent team of dedicated staff, committed to ensuring the highest standards and best learning opportunities for the pupils of Brook Acre. The post is suitable for a keen and outstanding teacher with a passion for their career. This post has been created to work alongside our current Year 5 class teacher and to predominantly provide PPA and Leadership Time cover within Year 5. The post may also include non-contact cover for classes within Key Stage 1. High levels of support will be provided, as beneficial, and joint teaching opportunities will be offered as part of the induction.
Brook Acre is a school moving from strength to strength, offering innovative learning experiences with a tangible buzz for improvement throughout the school. This is a fantastic opportunity for a new team member to join us on our journey, being creative, open-minded and united in our approach; ensuring only the best opportunities for every child to blossom and succeed in every way.
We are looking for a teacher who can demonstrate:
- A genuine passion for their work, a belief that anything is possible and a commitment to making a real difference to the lives of the pupils and the wider school community;
- Excellent teaching, using a wide range of teaching methods to motivate, inspire and respond to the progress of their individual learners;
- A sound understanding and strong subject knowledge of the Year 5 curriculum expectations;
- The ability to work effectively and contribute positively within a team environment;
- High expectations for the attitudes and behaviour of everyone;
- The ability to reflect on their own practice, embracing change and opportunities to work with others and striving for improvement.
In return we can offer:
- A strong, shared vision for our school;
- Happy, enthusiastic pupils with great potential, who demonstrate outstanding behaviour, genuinely enjoy their education and thrive as part of our family within school;
- An atmosphere of risk taking, forward thinking, innovation and flexibility to drive and accelerate the progress of all pupils;
- A fully committed and extremely supportive staff team;
- A wealth of professional development opportunities and a supportive and proactive leadership team.
Applicants should note that the closing date for applications is at 4.00 pm on Wednesday 21st March. Application packs are available by emailing Mrs Joan Bennett, School Business Manager at email@example.com and from our school website at www.brookacre.co.uk
Visits to school are encouraged and are available on the following dates:
Friday 16th March – 9.45 am or Monday 19th March – 4.00 pm
Please telephone or email the school office to arrange an appointment.
Brook Acre Community Primary School and Warrington Borough Council as an employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of its pupils as its number one priority and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Enhanced DBS clearance will be required.
Closing Date: Wednesday 21 March at 4.00 pm
Shortlisting: Wednesday 21 March at 4.00 pm
Observations: 26, 27, 28 March
Interviews: Provisionally arranged for Thursday 29 March (to be confirmed following observations)
- Band 1 - 3 (dependent on skills and experience)
- Closing Date
- Wednesday 21 March 2018