Online forms: Dropped kerb

If you wish to build or widen a dropped kerb over a pavement in order to park your vehicle on your property, you may need planning permission from the council.  Please check with us first before submitting an application.

You must get agreement from the Highway Asset Maintenance team before you do anything on the highway.  Digging in the footpath or road, without lawful authority is an offence under the Highways Act and may result in prosecution.

Application guidance

Please download our dropped kerb guidance pack [pdf] before proceeding with this online application. This pack will provide you with instruction and help you decide if you wish to progress your application.

What is the cost?

Check the approximate costs for a dropped kerb [pdf] before deciding whether or not to proceed with this application. Once approval for the proposed crossing has been granted all payments must be made in advance of any works being undertaken.

Unfortunately we do not currently accept online payments, you will need to make the payment using a credit or debit card via telephone, we accept cheque payments, cash and postal orders

Cheque and postal order payments must be made out to Warrington Borough Council and posted to:

Economic, Regeneration, Growth & Environment
Highway Asset Maintenance & Street Works Section
Dropped Crossing Application               
Warrington Borough Council
Buttermarket Street
WA1 2NH    

To use this form you will need to tell us...

  • Your name, address and contact details
  • The address of the property where the crossing is required
  • Name of the road that the access will open on to
  • The use of access
  • Any associated information such as the usage of the proposed crossing
  • You can also upload sketches/photograph of the proposed crossing to help our inspectors