If you require housing advice and assistance for a client – example Overcrowded, wishes to move, disrepair issues
Download this form, complete and email to email@example.com
Housing advice assistance form
All Public Bodies must obtain permission from their client before making a referral and confirm this to us on the referral email. Permission can be verbally or in writing and we do not need to see this permission. We do need to have the confirmation that permission has been provided on the Referral email for us to take action.
Initial response by housing plus
Once a referral is received a member of the Customer Services Team will enter details on the Locata Database and make initial contact with the client referred, within three working days.
- Introduce our service to them following the referral
- Ask if they would like to see a Housing Advisor by face to face interview, telephone or email. We will arrange visits if the person is not able to attend our offices because they are confined at home, in hospital or in prison and a telephone interview is not appropriate or cannot be arranged.
- If the client does not want to engage with our service at initial contact, we will explain what our service can do to help and provide contact details of our service should they change their mind in the future.
- If the client wants to take the referral further then the case will be assigned to a Housing Options Officer.
Assignment to a housing plus officer
- If the client attends our Drop-In Service then the Duty Officer on the day the client presents will take up the case.
- If the client wants a telephone appointment then the Telephone Duty Officer will pick up the case on the day that the client wants a telephone appointment.
- If the client requires a visit then the case will be referred to the Deputy Manager for assignment.
- In all other cases the Deputy Manager should be consulted as to assignment of a case to a Housing Options Officer.
Once assigned to a Housing Options Officer the case should progress in the usual way. If additional information is required from the Referring Agent then further enquiries should be made in the usual way, observing Data Protection requirements.