You may need to contact the council and use services differently as part of our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please visit our Coronavirus in Warrington pages to find out which services are affected.
Food hygiene and advisory visits
Starting a new food business
When you're starting up a new catering business it's very important to get things right at the beginning because it'll make everything much easier for you to run your business well in the future.
Achieve and succeed
Achieve and succeed is a new training package we've put together to give you the best advice on how to achieve a 5* food hygiene rating. This is for new and existing businesses alike, giving you the knowledge you need to make sure the food you serve is safe.
The training will cover the following:
- Handling food hygienically – preparing, cooking, re-heating, cooling and storing
- The condition of the structure of the buildings - cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and facilities such as wash hand basins
- Confidence in Management - how the business manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe.
The cost of the course is £35 per delegate and will typically last for around 3 hours. If you think that this course would benefit your business, please email an expression of interest.
Book an advisory visit
Book the chance to have an advisory visit ahead of any unannounced food hygiene inspection.
Food Standards Agency (FSA) research has shown that customers are becoming more aware of the food hygiene rating scheme and are actively looking for hygiene rating stickers when they're out and about. A better rating means more customers.
What we offer
An advisory visit will include:
- Advice on your Food Safety Management System,
- Assessing the current level of compliance for hygiene and structure of your premises
- Advice on how you can comply with the Regulations ahead of your routine inspection.
- Provide you with a copy of Safer Food Better Business, if you do not have a copy already.
Book a visit
Call 01925 442658 to book a visit.
- For existing business - £154.99
- For new business - £116.88
If you've made improvements to hygiene standards after a previously planned inspection, you can ask for a revisit before your next planned inspection. We'll reassess the hygiene standards at your business with a view to giving you a new food hygiene rating.
As with routine inspections, we don’t make appointments to visit and our inspectors follow the same national assessment rules as they do for every other inspection.
How soon we can visit after your last inspection depends on the improvements that you need to make.
Book a visit
Call 01925 442658 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reinspection costs £167.19
What our customers have said
The inspector communicated clearly and was knowledgeable in his field. He was professional throughout the inspection.Servest Staff canteen
The lady who visited us was lovely. I was nervous but she put me at ease. She explained everything fully.Rixton with Glazebrook pre-school