Online forms: Missed bin collection
If your black, blue or green bin is not collected on your designated collection day then please report this to us as soon as possible.
Before you report it please check that:
- your bins were out on the correct day - Search by postcode to find your bin day
- your bins were out by 6.30am
- your bins were left for collection in the right place
- no extra waste was next to your bin and the lid was fully closed
- the right waste was in the right bin – check what goes in which bin
- the bin was not too heavy
Missed black bins
If your black bin has been missed we will normally organise to collect three extra sacks on your next collection day, however it will depend on the circumstances. Please note that the refuse team will only collect three extra sacks if your bin has been reported as missed, extra sacks will not be taken unless you have contacted us and we have agreed to collect them.
Missed blue or green bins
If your blue or green bin has been missed we will ensure that your bin is collected on your next usual collection day - Extra recyclable and garden waste can be taken to one of the community recycling centres.
If you are registered with the assisted collection scheme we will return to collect your bin(s).
To report a missed bin you need to tell us:
- Your name, address and contact details
- Whether it is your bin which has been missed or if you are reporting a missed bin on behalf of someone else
- Which colour bin has been missed
- Which day of the week your collection day is
- Whether it is just your bin, or if the whole street has been missed (if the whole street has been missed, please wait until 5.30pm before you report it)
- If you are registered with the assisted collection scheme