Online forms: Resident parking permit
Use this form to apply for a new permit in one of the four designated resident parking schemes in Warrington. You can also use the form to renew your permit (if it's expired, or if you've changed your vehicle) or apply for a replacement (due to loss / theft).
Resident parking zones are only for the use of the residents and a valid parking permit must be displayed at all times (visitors must display an appropriate visitors permit).
Blue Badge holders aren't permitted to park in a resident parking zone unless:
- a valid Residential Parking Permit is on display
- or the vehicle is parked in a designated disabled bay displaying a valid Blue Badge.
Resident only parking zones
Warrington has the following areas designated as parking zones:
- Bank Quay area
- Heathfield area
- Tesco/Stadium area
- Whitecross area
- Crosfield Street
- Green Street (residential property numbers 1 -15)
- Lymm car parks (Evening permits available for residents without off-street parking) - Read our Lymm resident FAQs for more information [pdf]
The resident parking permit terms and conditions [pdf] must be followed.
Please note: If you live within the Bank Quay permit zone there's no need to apply for a visitors permit as the area is provided with 90 minute waiting bays. There are no visitor permits available for the Green Street scheme as the scheme allows for 2 hours limited waiting within the bays. Due to limits on capacity there are no visitor permits available for the Crosfield Street scheme. It should also be noted that there's currently a waiting list set up for the Crosfield Street scheme. If your application fits the criteria, then it will be placed on the waiting list. If a current permit isn't renewed after the 12 month valid period, then it will be given to the next applicant on the waiting list.
All visitor permits must remain with the property if you move.
To complete this form you will need to tell us:
- Your name, address and contact details
- The resident parking zone you are applying for
- The type of permit (new / renewal / replacement)
- If your permit has been stolen you will need to tell us the police crime number
- Details about your car: make, model, colour, registration number
- A utility bill (Electricity, Gas, Water, Landline Telephone, Council Tax).
- A formal Tenancy Agreement, or, a Housing Association Rent document, or, a Property Purchase document, or, a Lease Agreement document.
- A personal Bank or Building Society Statement, or, a Credit Card Statement.
- A Vehicle Registration Document (V5C) showing your full name and address.
- A valid Motor Insurance Certificate and Schedule, showing your full name and address and your Vehicle Registration Mark.
- For a Company vehicle we will accept a typed letter (on official company letter-headed paper) confirming that you are the sole driver, and showing your full name and address and Vehicle Registration Mark.
In order for the council to process your application, please ensure that you attach copies of the following documents, both of which must show your full name and current address details:
- proof of residence (utility bill, tenancy agreement, etc - dated within the last three months)
- copy of vehicle registration document (V5)
Please make sure you have scanned these documents onto your computer so that you can attach them to the relevant part of this online form.