Online forms: Report an empty home

If you're concerned about an empty home in your area and want to help us to bring it back into use, please use this form to let us know about it. 

If you've seen an empty house that you are interested in buying, you can usually find the name and address of the owner by undertaking a Land Registry search.  For a small fee you can use the Land Registry's online service.

If you are unable to locate the ownership details from the Land Registry and you are still interested in purchasing the property, we may be able to pass on a letter from you to the owner. Please be aware that this will be reliant on us holding this information within the council - if we do have this information, data protection restrictions prevent us from passing personal information directly to you. 

To pursue this you will need to contact private sector housing on 01925 248483 or email

Only use this form to report an empty home

To use this form you will need to tell us...

  • Your name, address and contact details
  • The address of the vacant property 
  • Owner details, if known
  • The condition of the property 

Please note that the information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence.