Online forms: Parking dispensation
The council will allow for parking dispensation for specific reasons. We will consider applications for:
- Domestic removals
- Vehicles associated with building works
- Loading or Unloading
There is a fee of £15 per vehicle per day and will be granted if the request does not impinge on the flow of traffic or the safety and welfare of pedestrians. The need for a dispensation will be assessed based on the details of the work being undertaken, the exact location and the dates and times the waiver is required.
Please be advised that a decision regarding the dispensation will not be made immediately as the application needs to be assessed. Not all applications will be approved, applications are considered on the location, the size of the highway, if there are pay & display bays available and whether or not they would cause an inconvenience to other road users.
All applications require a minimum of three working days notice to be received and approved, before the dispensation is to take place.
If successful you will be notified and payment will be expected before dispensation is given.
If an application is not paid before the date applied for, it will be rejected.
We will only ever use this information to deliver the service that you have requested.
Payment can be made over the phone by calling 01925 442865. The office is available between 10am and 4 pm, Monday to Friday.
Conditions of issue
- Materials or goods must not be deposited on the footway or carriageway (except to the immediate rear of the vehicle)
- The dispensation, should it be granted, does not permit general parking at the location stated
- Where a certificate is issued it should be clearly displayed in the vehicle so as to avoid a fine
- The applicant/driver must move the vehicle if directed to by the police or a parking attendant authorised by the council
- The applicant/driver must park safely at all times and not obstruct access to side roads and/or adjacent premises.
- Council's policy for dispensations and bay suspensions [pdf].
To use this form you will need to tell us...
- Name and address
- Contact details
- Reason for dispensation
- Location for dispensation
- Dates you want the dispensation to start
- Vehicle details