Online forms: Unauthorised work

You can use this form to report unauthorised work.

Unauthorised work is building work that must comply with Building Regulations but has been started without a full plans building control application or building notice having been granted. 

Building Regulations ensure a minimum standard of health, safety, welfare and convenience is maintained together with measures to conserve fuel and power. It's in everyone's interest involved in the proposed building that compliance with these regulations are met.

If your report concerns a breach of planning control you should report that on the planning breach form instead.

To use this form you will need to tell us

  • Your name and address
  • Address of supposed unauthorised work
  • Nature of work

The data we collect from our online forms is stored for no more than six weeks. However teams within the council may store your data for longer in order to continue to provide you with the service you have requested. For more information see our website privacy policy.