Online forms: Application for a student discount disregard or exemption
A student studying full time can qualify for a council tax discount if:
- they are enrolled on a course that is at least one academic year long
- they are under 20 and their course leads to a qualification up to (but not above) A level standard or equivalent - as long as it lasts for more than three months and involves more than 12 hours of study per week
- they are enrolled to attend a course of education lasting for at least one academic or calendar year - and which you are normally required to attend for at least 24 weeks out of the year and study for at least 21 hours per week during term time (hours spent studying and working at home or with an employer on a work placement should count towards the definition of being a full time student, provided you are undertaking activities which form part of the course).
- Student nurses taking a course which leads to a registration under the Nurses, Midwives and Health Visitors Act 1979 are also considered full time students.
To complete this form you will need:
- Your contact details
- Details of others living in your household
- Proof of student status for any students resident in the property (upload option available)