Online forms: Application for discount or exemption for long term hospital patients

Guidance notes

If a property is left empty by someone who has been in hospital for a long time, such property is exempt from council tax. Also, when counting the number of adults living in a property, such person would not be included. This exemption does not apply in cases where someone has a short stay in hospital.

To complete this form you will need:

  • The date of admission to hospital
  • The address of the hospital
  • The ward number 
  • The name of the consultant/doctor providing care

We will only ever use this information to deliver the service that you have requested. 

The data we collect from our online forms is stored for no more than six weeks.  However teams within the council may store your data for longer in order to continue to provide you with the service you have requested.  For more information see our website privacy policy.