Online forms: Application by owner for a discount disregard for a patient who is resident in a care home

Guidance notes

A person who is resident in a care home or hostel, or in an independent hospital in England, and who is receiving care or treatment there, can apply for council tax discount.

This discount does not apply to any person who is living in the home without receiving care or treatment (e.g. staff).

To complete this form you will need:

  • The address of the person that is now in care
  • If the address they have left is furnished or unfurnished
  • The name and address of the care home
  • The date that the person went in to the care home and the date that they were made a permanent resident