Online forms: Full plans submission or building notice
Before you undertake any work that needs to comply with Building Regulations, you or your agent (this could be your builder or architect) should use this form to advise us either by submitting full plans for approval or through a building notice.
A full plans application must be submitted;
- where the proposed building work is intended to be put to a designated use for the purpose of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (currently all premises are designated, except single private dwellings), or
- where the proposed work is within 3 metres of a public sewer (we can check this for you if you're not sure), or
- a new building is erected fronting onto a private street
A building notice can be submitted for most types of building work on single private dwellings.
Fees and charges
To find out about fees and charges for your proposed building work, please use our fees and charges online form. By completing this form we'll produce a free quote tailored to your own building project.
Charges can be paid over the telephone with a credit or debit card on 01925 442554.
For both a full plans submission and building notice you should notify us when you start the works so we can discuss when your first inspection is due. To do this or to arrange an inspection you can use the inspection request form. Or call us on 01925 442554.
Completion of works
When the work has been completed you should arrange for a final inspection. If the work has been completed to a satisfactory standard we'll issue a completion certificate. This certificate confirms that the works comply with the Building Regulations. It's particularly useful when selling the property where the works have taken place. There is no charge to issue the first copy of the certificate but if you lose your certificate you may be charged for a replacement.
If you need further information of guidance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01925 442554. We're open from 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday.
To use this form you will need to tell us:
- Applicant name and address
- Agent name and address (if applicable)
- Location of work
- Name and address of builder (if known)
- Description of proposed works
- Use of building
- Type of building work
- Clarification on whether this is a Full Plans submission or Building Notice