Online forms: Request permission to film in Warrington

If you want to film in any public area in Warrington you must apply to the council for a location agreement.

In some cases there will be an administration charge, e.g. if you're a commercial filmmaker, of £75. The charge for a larger production that requires a full filming licence is a minimum of £150, increasing depending on the work involved. There may also be additional fees if your plans have an impact on the highway e.g. a road closure is needed, or you plan to build a temporary structure.    

We don't normally charge you an admin fee if you're a student from a recognised, nearby college or university (please ask your course tutor to send us a letter).  However any parking and highways charges will still apply.

Your request will be processed as quickly as possible but where legal permissions, road traffic orders, etc, need to be in place, please make sure you fill in this form well in advance.

We can’t agree permission to film in privately-owned locations, locations owned by other public bodies or private homes, but in most cases we can help identify the best contact.

Creative England

Creative England provides free production support and filming locations for film and TV productions looking to shoot in England, outside London.  The council has signed a Film Friendly Charter with Creative England and neighbouring councils to make Cheshire ‘film-friendly’. Please visit the Creative England website for more information.

Use this form to ask for permission to film in Warrington...

Please tell us as much detail as possible:

  • Your name, contact information and details of your production company
  • The production title and type/category, a brief synopsis and broadcast channel
  • Filming description, dates, times and location(s)
  • Numbers of cast, crew and vehicles
  • If road closures or changes to parking restrictions are required
  • Any other requirements