Get tested for coronavirus
Everyone who is showing coronavirus symptoms is eligible to book a test to find out if they have the virus.
You can get a test:
- for yourself, if you have coronavirus symptoms
- for someone you live with, if they have coronavirus symptoms
- for yourself, if you've been told to have a test before you go into hospital e.g. for surgery
When to apply for a test
If you have coronavirus symptoms, you need to book a test immediately. You need to get the test done in the first five days of having symptoms. If you don't have symptoms, you can only get a test if your hospital has told you to get one.
Book a home test
If you ask for a home test kit, this will be delivered to your home.
You'll need to do the test and return it within 48 hours so that the test results are accurate. You will be given instructions on how to take the test at home once you book for one.
Book a test appointment
If you book an appointment for a drive-through or walk-through test, you will be notified to go to an NHS (PCR) testing site.
- Warrington Town centre (Academy Way)
- Birchwood (Spencer House car park, Dewhurst Road)
- The mobile testing unit (MTU) in Warrington (Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub) or a site in Halton, as this is a shared service between the two boroughs
Please note: the booking system may show other locations if appointments are not available at local sites. New time slots are made available regularly, so please keep trying.