Get tested for coronavirus
Everyone who is showing coronavirus symptoms should take an LFT test to find out if they have the virus.
When to apply for a test
If you get a positive lateral flow test result, you do not need to confirm the result with a PCR test. You only need to confirm a positive lateral flow test if:
- you're applying for a Test and Trace Support Payment
- you're eligible for new COVID-19 treatments
- you're asked to do so as part of research
- you have a positive lateral flow test on or before day 2 of arriving in England from outside the UK
Book a home test
If you ask for a home test kit, this will be delivered to your home.
You'll need to do the test and return it within 48 hours so that the test results are accurate. You will be given instructions on how to take the test at home once you book for one.
Book a test appointment
If you book an appointment for a drive-through or walk-through test, you will be notified to go to an NHS (PCR) testing site.
- Warrington Town centre (Academy Way)
- Birchwood (Spencer House car park, Dewhurst Road)
- The mobile testing unit (MTU) in Warrington (Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub) or a site in Halton, as this is a shared service between the two boroughs
Please note: the booking system may show other locations if appointments are not available at local sites. New time slots are made available regularly, so please keep trying.