Grants for small businesses - Coronavirus update
The Government has introduced measures and published details of grants in support of Small Businesses, as the country experiences the COVID-19 pandemic.
- £36.75m grants have been made to 3311 businesses premises in Warrington
- These grants have been vital to our local economy – helping ensure the survival of shops, cafes, hotels, restaurants and many other businesses.
- We are in the final stages of this programme. The vast majority of eligible businesses have now claimed grants
- If you think that you are eligible, but have not yet been in touch with us about this, please do so as soon as possible
- The Council have now closed the small business and retail, hospitality and leisure grant schemes. Decisions on any remaining applications will be made before the end of September
- Warrington’s Discretionary Grants Fund closed at the end of June.
Small Business Grant
Under the Small Business Grant, all businesses in England in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief (SBRR) and Rural Rates Relief (RRR) in the business rates system will be eligible for a payment of £10,000.
Retail, Hospitality and Leisure grant
Under the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant, businesses in England in receipt of the Expanded Retail Discount (which covers retail, hospitality and leisure) with a rateable value of less than £51,000 will be eligible for a grant of up to £25,000.
Local Authority Small Business Discretionary Grant
The Government announced in May, that it provided local authorities with additional funding to target small businesses with high fixed property-related costs but that are not eligible for the current grant schemes.
Applications for this Grant have now closed.
Self employed and recently started businesses
Warrington Borough Council aims to provide support to the Self-Employed sector and businesses who have recently commenced trading. If you fall into either of these categories, our dedicated Business Support team at Warrington & Co will provide advice and further guidance.
Warrington’s Employment Development Team are supporting people who are coming out of work as a result of COVID-19 who want to temporarily transfer into a new job in one of the expanding sectors as quickly as possible by job matching them with local employers.