Children's Services jobs - Raising standards for children
Here in Warrington, children are at the heart of everything we do - our thinking, our planning and our delivery. If you’re passionate about making a real difference to children’s lives then we’d love you to join us.
Our aim is simple. We want to be outstanding and to deliver only excellent and improving services. In recent years, we've made great strides forward and have achieved significant change. Our recent Ofsted inspection results show positive outcomes but we know we have more work to do to achieve our ambition.
That’s why we invest heavily in recruiting the right people and making sure they develop to their fullest potential. Join us and you will gain valuable experience, training and development opportunities that will allow you to exceed your own expectations. We also have some great staff benefits including gym memberships, shopping discounts and more…
What’s new in children’s social care?
In Warrington we value our children’s social care workforce and are investing in services:
- We have created an additional 12 social work posts
- We have introduced the Advanced Practitioner role
- We have improved IT kit for social workers to allow agile working
- We offer reflective practice weeks away from the frontline
- We offer dedicated support during ASYE
- We offer recruitment and retention payments for social workers in specific teams
Our commitment to social workers
- You will be well supported, receiving good supervision
- You will have access to a comprehensive training programme
- Manageable caseloads will allow you to spend time with children
Warrington’s Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub, established in 2016, is co-located with the Assessment and Intervention Service and the Police Protection Unit enabling swift information sharing, joint visiting and a timely service to children and families.
Our new Families First services works with children who are on the ‘edge of care’. Evidence-based interventions, outreach support and respite are delivered through robust support packages to prevent family breakdown and entry into care. Social workers make referrals to access this support which is already having an impact on outcomes. The Outreach and Respite Hub provides services until 10pm each night, and overnight respite at weekends for young people aged 10-17 years.
Warrington’s children’s homes each offer good quality care to two young people and all are graded as ‘good or better’ by Ofsted.
If you want to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children and young people, then come and join us in Warrington where we are passionate about our work with families, we have high aspirations for our children, and we welcome those who share our ambition.
We care about you
We understand that social work can be demanding and that personal resilience is vital. That’s why we invest heavily in wellbeing activities and make work life balance a priority. When you work for us, your health and wellbeing becomes as important to us as it is to you.
Just some of your employee benefits...
- A generous pension package
- Options for flexible working
- Saving on your costs with Childcare Vouchers
- Access to the Cycle to Work scheme
- Corporate gym membership
- Free leisure courses at our local Collegiate
- Discounts at a range of shops
- Access to the car lease scheme
- Up to £1,000 per year savings on shopping at a range of branded outlets
Warrington is located within easy travelling distance of both Manchester and Liverpool and is exceptionally well connected by road and rail, served by two train stations and easily accessible from the M62, M6 and M56. London is less than two hours away by train. Warrington is an ambitious town and has been identified as an investment hotspot and the borough has been nationally recognised for its quality of life.
We have a thriving town centre and take pride in constantly reinventing ourselves – from a small town to one of the top growth areas in the UK, with a vibrant cultural quarter and ambitious developments in progress.