Apply for planning permission
Before you apply make sure you have:
- checked if you require permission for the work you want to carry out
- found out what supporting information you need to submit with your application
- investigated and fully understood how much your application will cost!
- gone through the Planning Portal for more information on how to apply
- pre-application advice
- change of use
- validation checklists
- who can apply?
- choosing your application
- lawful development certificate
- what to submit
- the cost
Complete your chosen form, attach the documents and pay in one easy process.
If you're worried about the cost why not check this out before you apply using the online fee calculator on the governments Planning Portal.
Alternatively you can download the Planning Application Fees document [pdf].
What happens next?
After applying online your application comes back to us to decide if you can proceed with your application or not. We'll look at a number of factors including how it affects the local area, the environment, policies and other people. We will usually tell you our decision within eight weeks. The time limit for large or complex applications is 13 weeks.