Neighbourhood planning is a right for communities introduced through the Localism Act 2011. Communities can shape development in their areas through the production of Neighbourhood Development Plans, Neighbourhood Development Orders and Community Right to Build Orders.
Grappenhall & Thelwall Parish Area - Neighbourhood Area Consultation
Warrington Borough Council designated a Neighbourhood Area for Grappenhall & Thelwall Parish Area on 6th March 2017.
The application was made by Grappenhall & Thelwall Parish Council to designate a Neighbourhood Area under The Localism Act 2011 and The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended).
The consultation period for interested parties to make representations on the application to designate the neighbourhood area has now closed.
You can download a copy of the application to designate the Neighbourhood Area below:
Appleton Thorn Neighbourhood Development Plan
The designation of the Appleton Parish Thorn Neighbourhood Plan area was approved by the council's Executive Board on 26th May 2015.
The Neighbourhood Development Plan has been subject to independent examination and a neighbourhood plan referendum will take place on Thursday 2nd March 2017.
Dates of each stage:
- Designation date: 26th May 2015
- Regulation 14 pre-submission consultation: 22nd February to 4th April 2016
- Regulation 15 Submitted Neighbourhood Plan Documents: 12th June 2016
- Regulation 16 Consultation on Submitted Plan: 20th June to 1st August 2016
- Regulation 17/18 Examiners Report: October 2016
Regulation 15 - Submitted Neighbourhood Plan Documents
- Appleton Parish Thorn Ward Submission Neighbourhood Development Plan [pdf]
- Appleton Parish Thorn Ward Consultation Statement [pdf]
- Appleton Parish Thorn Ward Basic Conditions Statement [pdf]
- SEA/HRA Screening Report [pdf]
Regulation 16 - Consultation on Submitted Plan
- Notice of submitted Plan proposal [pdf]
- Summary of consultation responses (from Regulation 14 consultation) [pdf]
- Consultation responses received (Regulation 16) [pdf]
Regulation 17 - Examination
- No hearing called
Regulation 18 - Publication of Examiners Report
Regulation 19 - Decision on the plan proposal
Regulation 20 - Publicised Neighbourhood Development Plan