Community recycling centres
We only accept household waste from properties in Warrington at the community recycling centres (CRCs), we don't accept commercial and trade waste.
The following items aren't classed as household waste and there are restrictions on these materials and the amounts you can take to your local CRC:
- Rubble, bricks, paving stones, wall and floor tiles, roof tiles
- Fencing including concrete posts and panels
- Plaster / plasterboard
- Kitchen units, bathroom suites, doors, fireplaces, radiators, window frames, gutters, downpipes, fascia's and loft installation
- Asbestos - please note that the council does not provide a sampling and removal service for asbestos
We can issue you with a permit to bring small quantities of these listed items to a community recycling centre. You may also require a permit if you want to use a van or trailer to visit one of the CRCs - find out more...
We do not accept commercial or industrial waste at the CRCs, including waste from:
- business premises (including home businesses)
- garages or car washes
- landlords of rented properties
- trades people
Top tip - beat the queues by visiting the centres during the week if possible, rather than the weekends!
Stockton Heath, Sandy Lane, WA4 2AY
- Opening times: 10am - 4pm Monday - Friday throughout the year
- 8am - 4pm weekends and bank holidays between October and March
- 8am - 6pm weekends and bank holidays between April and September
- Site closed On Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
- Accepted materials at Stockton Heath [pdf]
Gatewarth, Barnard Street, WA5 1DD -
- Opening times: 8am - 6pm throughout the year
- Site closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and News Year's Day
- Accepted materials at Gatewarth [pdf]
Woolston, New Cut Lane, WA1 4AG - closed for refurbishment. Reopens on 23 October 2018.
- Follow the one way vehicle traffic systems in place.
- Observe the 5mph speed limit on site.
- No pedestrian access is available at any site.
- Follow instructions given by the site staff.
- Keep dogs in your vehicle.
- Please note that the sites may occasionally be closed during working hours whilst HGV vehicles are on site.
- We take the wellbeing of site staff very seriously. On no account will verbal or physical abuse or intimidating behaviour be tolerated.