Different types of council tax discounts and exemptions

Foreign diplomats, visiting Forces and members of other international organisations

These properties are exempt from council tax:

If you don't live in an exempt property

If you are a member of visiting forces or you have official diplomatic status (or you are a dependant of someone who is) and you live in other accommodation, or with other people who are not exempt from paying council tax, you may still qualify for a discount on your bill.

Foreign nationals and their dependants, who are posted to this country as part of an International Headquarters or Defence Organisation, also qualify for a discount.

'Dependants' may be husbands, wives and children who are not British citizens or who are not normally resident in the UK.

Please contact us to apply for a discount: 01925 443210 or counciltax@warrington.gov.uk.  We will need to receive written confirmation of your status.