Libraries Partnership Board
We're currently consulting on our Draft Library Strategy for 2019-2022 - Have your say on our consultations page
In 2016 LiveWire, the community interest company (CiC) that runs Warrington’s leisure, library and lifestyle services, consulted on how to modernise the library service. In response, many people stressed how important the service is to them, and the good it does for our communities and cultural life. This strength of feeling led to the set-up of a Libraries Working Group to consider residents’ feedback, review the needs of local people, and liaise with community groups. The group made recommendations to keep all libraries open for the foreseeable future, which was approved by the council's Executive Board in Dec 2017.
The Libraries Partnership Board has now been set up to ensure Warrington's library services are dynamic, comprehensive, universal and sustainable for all Warrington residents.
Libraries Partnership Board members
- Chair: Lynton Green - Director of Corporate Services, Warrington Borough Council
- Eleanor Blackburn - Head of Strategic Partnerships and Commissioning, Warrington Borough Council
- Emma Hutchinson - Managing Director, LiveWire and Culture Warrington
- Cheryl Siddall - People, Performance and Resources Director, LiveWire
- Wendy Molyneux - Strategic Library Manager, LiveWire
- Amanda Juggins, Business Intelligence Manager, Warrington Borough Council
- Steve Cullen - Chief Officer, Warrington District Citizens Advice Bureau
- TBC – Representatives from library working groups and Friends of Library’s groups
The partnership board will:
- support the council to deliver a libraries service in compliance with the Public Libraries and Museums Act 1964 [legislation.gov.uk]
- develop, publish and agree with partners a new Library Strategy for Warrington's libraries
- oversee the implementation of the Library Strategy and a programme of modernisation proposals as agreed by the council's Executive Board
- ensure impact assessments for each of the modernisation proposals are robust, and that consultation and engagement processes are appropriately carried out
- draw on national and international best practice to identify opportunities to sustain and enhance library services in Warrington
- lead on seeking external funding opportunities to promote innovation and best practice.
The board will meet a minimum of every two months (which may increase if the work plan requires it), and will publish meeting papers on the council's and LiveWire's websites.
Members of the public can attend meetings as guests, but this will be on a 'first come, first served' basis due to room size. However the board may consider a matter in private where necessary. This will be for items which fall in to the categories of 'confidential and exempt information' as set out in the Council’s Constitution (Section E, Access to Information - Rule 8).
The next Libraries Partnership Board meeting will be on Wednesday 20th March 2019 at Birchwood Library, between 2pm and 4pm. The meeting is open to members of the public to attend which is on a first-come first-served basis, the capacity for this meeting is 20 guests. To book a place please email email@example.com.
- Libraries Partnership Board - Terms of Reference [pdf]
- Libraries Partnership Board - Agenda - 24.07.18 [pdf]
- Libraries Partnership Board - Minutes - 24.07.18 [pdf]
- Libraries Partnership Board - Agenda - 11.09.18 [pdf]
- Libraries Partnership Board - Minutes - 11.09.18 [pdf]
- Budget 2018-19 - by library [pdf]
- Libraries Partnership Board - Agenda - 19.11.18 [pdf]
- Libraries Partnership Board - Minutes - 19.11.18 [pdf]
- Libraries Strategy - Draft [pdf]
- Libraries Partnership Board - Agenda - 21.01.19 [pdf]