Skip to content Skip to main navigation

Contact the Access Social Care team

You can contact the Access Social Care (ASC) team by online form, phone, fax, letter or email.  We have a loop system, and we can also be contacted through Typetalk.

If you're unable to contact us personally a relative or representative can contact us provided you've given your permission for them to act on your behalf.

You can use our online form to contact us for the first time if you think you may need some help from the Adult Social Care service.  The form will ask you about how you get on with day-to-day living so that we can look at how we can help.  We will then contact you to talk about your needs in more detail.

Start the online form

You can telephone us Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5pm (except for public holidays):

Call: 01925 444239  
Typetalk and textphone available 
Fax: 01925 444201

Write to us at:

Access to Social Care    
Families and Wellbeing Directorate
1st Floor, New Town House 
Buttermarket Street 

In an emergency outside of our normal office hours you can contact our 'out of hours' service. It runs Monday- Friday from 5pm to 8.30am and 24 hours a day at the weekends and on public holidays.

For emergencies outside of normal office hours, ring 01925 444400.

If there is any reason you can't contact us using these methods, we can also arrange a face-to-face appointment if you call in at Contact Warrington in the town centre.  

We're open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday between 9am-5pm, and Tuesdays between 9am-4pm.  There is good access for disabled visitors.  The address is: 26-30 Horsemarket Street, Warrington, WA1 1XL.

What happens when you contact adult and children social services

The majority of referrals and queries come in to the Access Social Care team. If we speak to you on the phone or in person, we may have to ask you several questions in order to get the information we need to process your request as quickly as possible.

You're under no obligation to use our services and you can change your mind at any time. Not all requests to adult and children's social services are appropriate but we will always do our best to point you in the right direction.

When we have enough information, we will record your details on our computer system and pass them to the appropriate team. Someone from that team will contact you either by phone or letter to make further arrangements.