Housing benefit and council tax support

Evidence you need to provide

You usually need the following original documents to support your claim:

  • ID and national insurance number
  • tenancy agreement, rent book or letter from your landlord
  • bank statements for last 3 months
  • 5 payslips (if paid weekly) or 2 payslips (if paid monthly)
  • other benefit award letters

The quickest way to provide these documents to us is by email to benefits@warrington.gov.uk

You can also bring them to Contact Warrington in Horsemarket St, Warrington. Tell us if you are having problems getting any of the documents together.

You must submit all supporting evidence within 1 month of your claim. You won't usually get any payments until you've done this.

Income and capital

Housing benefit and council tax support are ‘means tested’ benefits.  We need to know about how much income and capital you have to work out how much housing benefit and council tax support you are entitled to.  Find out more about income and capital, and the evidence you need to provide.