Health and Wellbeing Board
Composition - 27 members:
- 3 senior officers of the council
- 6 councillors
- 4 representatives of NHS Warrington clinical commissioning group (CCG)
- 1 joint council/CCG officer
- 13 representatives from partner organisations e.g. NHS providers, social care providers, voluntary organisations, education, housing and the criminal justice system.
The main role of the board is to encourage those who arrange for the provision of health and social care services in Warrington to work closely together and in an integrated manner. Its main aims are to:
- deliver improved wellbeing, morbidity, mortality and equality outcomes for Warrington residents
- promote integration and partnership working between the NHS, social care, public health and other local services
- improve local democratic accountability across the health and social care system
It also carries out the council’s responsibilities in respect of approving key strategic documents such as the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA), Health and Wellbeing Strategy [pdf], Local Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment [pdf] and the annual plans for use of the Better Care Fund [NHS website].
- 28 March 2019