The Mayor's role and history
Writing to the mayor
Letters to the Mayor of Warrington should be addressed:
The Mayor of Warrington
Warrington WA1 1UH
and begin… Dear Madam Mayor
Speaking to the mayor
When addressing the mayor: "Madam Mayor"
- The mayor always has precedence in the borough of Warrington, except in the presence of the Queen, or Her representative
- The mayor and consort should be met immediately upon arrival by the person responsible for the event, and introduce her to the host/company. The organiser of the event or a designated person and should accompany the mayor and consort throughout the event.
- Unless the mayor occupies the Chair, she should be seated on the immediate right of the person presiding and the consort on the right of the mayor
- Except for an introduction, it is normal that the mayor should be the first speaker
- To announce the mayor: The Worshipful the Mayor of the Borough of Warrington, Councillor Karen Elizabeth Mundry"
- The correct form of address when speaking to the mayor is "Madam Mayor"