Neighbourhoods in Warrington
Cheshire community foundation
Cheshire Community Foundation was established in 2011 as an independent registered charity. The foundation aims to do three unique things; inspire local philanthropy, build endowment and get money to grass root organisations. They cover the 3 local authority areas of Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester and Warrington.
Grants made by the Foundation generally fall under the broad heading of wellbeing and social welfare and, of particular interest, are local voluntary and community organisations that can meet immediate and emerging needs and that have the commitment of their local community.
The foundation encourages applications which:
Support new or existing social and community activity
Demonstrate that funding will make a real difference
Encourage community involvement and self-help
Are, in the main, from community based organisations
More information about the South Area neighbourhood, including statistics relating to population, ethnicity, religion, housing, education, community safety, health and wellbeing and more, is included in the area profile:
Previous area profiles
South Area profiles from July 2009:
- NCA level report (a report covering the whole South Area)
- Ward level report (information specific to each ward)
You can view a video tour of how to use the 2009 area profiles (Youtube).
South area news
Welcome to the news page for the south area team.
Here you can find the latest news
- View our upcoming events
- Find out where luncheon clubs, coffee mornings and activity classes are taking place where you live by referring to the Information directory for the south area.
- Information directory for the south area [pdf]
- Daily Guide to What's On in South Warrington [doc]
- South Area News - What We Do [pdf]