Did you know?
- Research shows that walking 10,000 steps a day will significantly improve your health and typically burn up to 300 and 400 calories!
- Walking helps towards your '60 active minutes' a day and it can reduce your chances of getting serious illnesses like cancer, type 2 diabetes and heart disease in later life.
- A daily walk increases bone density, helps flexibility and co-ordination.
- Getting some fresh air is a great way to de-stress and improve your mood!
Walking is also good for:
- Your wallet: It costs nothing to walk unless you want to buy some new shoes!
- It's good for traffic congestion: Nearly a quarter of all trips are one mile or less; do you really need to take the car? Leave it at home a few times a week and feel the difference!
- It's good for the environment: An obvious one but the more people walk, the less polluted will our streets will be.
Trails and guided walks
There's a number of longer distance trails in or passing through Warrington including the Trans Pennine Trail and Sankey Canal Trail. Find out more about these trails as well as some information on self-guided walks across some of our most beautiful scenery.
Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan (LCWIP)
We've produced the draft Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan (LCWIP) for consultation alongside our draft 4th Local Transport Plan published in March 2019.
To date the LCWIP development has been informed by feedback from a series of transport summits that were attended by interested organisations and by comments received during consultation on the Local Plan Preferred Development Option over the summer of 2017.
Delivery of the final plan will be informed by the views and aspirations of Warrington residents, visitors and local groups, including people who don't currently cycle or walk on a regular basis. Local user knowledge is a key source of information and we welcome input in developing our strategic network and schemes.
Please send all your comments or ideas on the LCWIP to: firstname.lastname@example.org