Did you know?
- Research shows that walking 10,000 steps a day will significantly improve your health and typically burn up to 300 and 400 calories!
- Walking helps towards your '60 active minutes' a day and it can reduce your chances of getting serious illnesses like cancer, type 2 diabetes and heart disease in later life.
- A daily walk increases bone density, helps flexibility and co-ordination.
- Getting some fresh air is a great way to de-stress and improve your mood!
Walking is also good for:
- Your wallet: It costs nothing to walk unless you want to buy some new shoes!
- It's good for traffic congestion: Nearly a quarter of all trips are one mile or less; do you really need to take the car? Leave it at home a few times a week and feel the difference!
- It's good for the environment: An obvious one but the more people walk, the less polluted will our streets will be.