Did you know?
- Research shows that walking 10,000 steps a day will significantly improve your health and typically burn up to 300 and 400 calories!
- Walking helps towards your '60 active minutes' a day and it can reduce your chances of getting serious illnesses like cancer, type 2 diabetes and heart disease in later life.
- A daily walk increases bone density, helps flexibility and co-ordination.
- Getting some fresh air is a great way to de-stress and improve your mood!
Walking is also good for:
- Your wallet: It costs nothing to walk unless you want to buy some new shoes!
- It's good for traffic congestion: Nearly a quarter of all trips are one mile or less; do you really need to take the car? Leave it at home a few times a week and feel the difference!
- It's good for the environment: An obvious one but the more people walk, the less polluted will our streets will be. Why not try the walkit app which calculates how much CO2 your saving with every walk!