Antisocial behaviour

Any behaviour that causes harm to individuals and communities can be considered antisocial.  It is any behaviour which is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

Does the behaviour affect your quality of life? Is it persistent? Do you feel fearful?  Antisocial behaviour can include:

  • Aggressive begging
  • Hoax or obscene nuisance calls
  • Noise nuisance
  • Property nuisance
  • Rowdy behaviour
  • Street drinking
  • Intimidation
  • Aggressive behaviour
  • Harassment

If you feel you are being subjected to antisocial behaviour, contact your housing provider, your local police officer or community support officer or your Stronger Together neighbourhood team, all of whom will be able to offer advice and support. 

Alternatively, you can report antisocial behaviour to the council and we will do our best to help, or refer your complaint on to someone more appropriate who can help you.

If you've reported antisocial behaviour to the council, police or your landlord three times within the past six months and appropriate action has not been taken, you should report this as an antisocial behaviour community trigger.


The council can investigate noise problems such as loud music, persistent alarms, barking dogs, building work and noise from businesses.  Find out more about the noise team, what they can do and how you can report a problem.