Budget boosting clubs
The council offers Budget Boosting Clubs in central Warrington for people who may be struggling to get a job or finding it difficult to make ends meet.
Delivered by the neighbourhoods team, the clubs can help you get job ready and provide you with useful advice to help you boost your household income.
The team can help with writing a CV, registering with job agencies, accessing job sites and work searches.
A family income and employment officer is available to give advice on how to make the most of your household income. They can review your current circumstances and recommend some positive steps you can take to help you generate additional funds.
The team will help you to check if you are entitled to any benefits, change to a lower cost energy provider, join a credit union and will provide you with tips on different ways of shopping and cooking to help you make savings.
The clubs are free and offer both group, family or one-to-one sessions to people aged 18 and over, in a friendly, welcoming environment. They are held weekly and each session lasts two hours.
Clubs are available as follows:
- Mondays - 10am-12 noon: Oakwood Hub, 2 Whitethroat Walk, Oakwood, WA3 6PG
- Mondays - 1pm-3pm Radley Common Community Centre, Grasmere Avenue, WA2 0LR
- Tuesdays - 10am-12 noon: Orford Community Hub, Festival Avenue, Orford, WA2 9EP
- Wednesdays - 9.30am-12.30pm: Fearnhead Community Centre, Insall Road, WA2 0HD
- Wednesdays - 1.30pm-3.30pm: Westy Community Centre, Bridgewater Avenue, WA4 1TA
- Thursdays - 10am-12 noon: Whitecross Community Centre, Lexden Street, WA6 1PT
- Thursdays - 2pm-4pm: Burtonwood Library, Chapel Lane, WA5 4PS (Appointment only)
- Friday - 10am-12 noon: Central Library, Museum Street, WA1 1JB
You can be referred to a budget boosting club via the job centre, or via Warrington Disability Partnership, Warrington Voluntary Action, Golden Gates Housing Trust, or you can refer yourself.