Health services in Warrington
Warrington Borough Council works with all its partners to improve the health and wellbeing of Warrington residents and to ensure that people can live as independently as possible.
The following contacts may be able to give you advice or support about particular health needs or refer you on to specialist services, if necessary.
- Warrington Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is responsible for commissioning health services for the local community. For more information about community health services, contact your local GP surgery. CCG tel: 01925 843636
- Warrington Public Health team is part of Warrington Borough Council. It is focused on preventing poor health in local communities. It provides training for professionals, education for the community and it widely promotes ways for people to be healthy including alcohol and smoking prevention services. Tel: 01925 443442
- Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Trust provides a range of health services in the community, from district nursing in people's homes to stop smoking advice in GP practices and speech and language therapy for children in specialist community clinics. Tel: 01925 867701
- Warrington and Halton Hospital NHS Foundation Trust manages Warrington Hospital and Halton general hospital. The two NHS hospitals work together to provide health care services across Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes and the surrounding areas. Warrington hospital switchboard: 01925 635911
- 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is a specialist NHS trust that provide treatment, support and guidance for people affected by mental ill health and learning disabilities. They provide services to people living in the boroughs of Halton, Knowsley, St Helens, Warrington and Wigan and Leigh. Tel: 01925 664000
- Healthwatch Warrington is a network of local people, organisations and groups that want to make health and social care services better. Healthwatch gives everyone in the community- from individuals to voluntary groups- the chance to say what they think about local health and social care services and their experiences. Tel: 01925 246893
There is a GP out of hours service available in Warrington that provides emergency access to medical advice and care when your own GP surgery is closed.
The GP out of hours service is available by calling 111, Monday to Friday 6.00pm – 8.00am, weekends and public holidays 24 hours.
There are also several national organisations that offer advice and information.
- NHS choices is a website that aims to put you in control of your healthcare. This may be by helping you to make choices about your health or lifestyle, such as smoking, drinking and exercise, through to practical aspects of finding and using NHS services when you need them.
- The Department of Health website also gives information about specialist services and voluntary organisations for people with particular physical disabilities and medical conditions.
Having difficulty finding health information in other languages?
- NHS Choices have links to health information in other languages.