We are currently experiencing issues with the Carecall wearable devices. If you require assistance, please call 01925 458 000, or, for any emergencies, please dial 999.

Bring your empty home back into use

Can the council help owners to bring their empty properties back into use?

The council can offer advice on how to let a property and the steps that need to be taken to become a landlord, with support through the Landlord Forum and the Cheshire Landlord Accreditation Scheme (CLAS)

As an alternative, we can offer advice on how to sell the property and may well be aware of parties that would be interested in purchasing it, such as a social housing landlord.

In some cases the council may be able to offer a vacant homes low cost loan of up to £10,000 towards the cost of bringing an empty property back into use in the private rented sector. This would be subject to terms and conditions and the availability of funding.  For more information about this loan contact the private sector housing team.

Bond guarantee scheme

The council's housing options team offers a bond guarantee scheme to local people who need housing and want to rent privately. The council guarantees the bond and provides tenancy monitoring and support services for those tenants who need a bit of extra help with managing a tenancy.

Please contact the housing options team if you'd like more information about the bond scheme.

Tel: 01925 246868