Questionnaire for parents
Parents who access short breaks for children with disabilities
The closing date is 14 March 2018.
Warrington Borough Council Children’s Service works hard to adjust and improve services to meet the needs of children and young people in Warrington. We do that by working closely with parents, carers and young people. This could be talking to them at activities, listening to their feedback and through meetings with groups, e.g. Warrington Parents and Carers CAN.
What is a Short Break?
Short breaks come in many different forms. They can last anything from an hour to several days. Short breaks give children and young people the opportunity to have a fun experience with or without their parents or carers. Examples of short breaks can include:
- Support in the home (day or night)
- Play activities outside of the home
- Services that offer help and support to carers in the evenings or during school holidays
What have parents and young people told us?
A survey conducted in 2016 with parents identified, that short breaks in Warrington:
- Did not provide enough flexibility, consistency or choice
- That parents don’t have time to try and arrange direct payment as well as caring for a child with additional needs
- More support needed at weekends and summer holidays
- Need to be able to find out information and what short breaks are more easily
We are seeking further views and experience of the current provision in Warrington, to enable us to review services and identify where improvements might be made.
Tell us what you think
We’d like to hear your views and you can get involved in the following ways:
- Complete an online survey
- Send an email: email@example.com
- Download a questionnaire and return it to the address below
- Write to: Warrington Borough Council, Integrated services, Woolston Learning Village, Holes lane, Woolston WA1 4LS.
Your response will be confidential and the survey process complies with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you have any concerns or questions about the survey, require the questionnaire in another language or format including large print, Braille, audio or British Sign Language or simply require assistance in completing the form please call 01925 44 2917 and we will be happy to help.
Warrington Short breaks Statement
We would also like to invite you to have your say on Warrington’s draft Short Breaks statement, further information about this can be found at www.warrington.gov.uk/consultations