Playing pitch strategy
The reason for our Playing Pitch Strategy (PPS) is to provide a framework that will ensure the provision of outdoor playing pitches meet the local needs of existing and future residents across Warrington.
The Strategy has been developed from research and analysis of playing pitch provision and usage within Warrington during 2016/17. Pitch sports were assessed using the guidance set out by Sport England.
The PPS covers the following playing pitches and outdoor sports facilities:
- Cricket pitches
- Football pitches (including 3G AGPs)
- Hockey/ artificial grass pitches (AGPs)
- Rugby league pitches (including 3G AGPs)
- Rugby union pitches (including 3G AGPs)
Please note that this strategy is an enabling document so it doesn't commit us or any other body to funding any of the actions identified.
It's important that there's regular monitoring by the PPS Steering Group to review against the actions identified in the Strategy. This will ensure any changes in clubs/teams usage of sites, pitch quality or improvements are recorded. The first review of the document is scheduled for autumn 2019.
- Complete our online survey
If you prefer you can
- Download our questionnaire [pdf]
- Alternatively you can always write to us to request a paper copy. Our address: Playing Pitch Strategy at Warrington Borough Council, Environment and Transport, New Town House, Buttermarket Street, Warrington, WA1 2NH
- If you have any questions about the consultation please email us
Please read the Draft Playing Pitch Strategy before answering the questions (available below). The documents published on this page are our pre-approval consultation drafts.
The closing date is 17 February 2019.
We comply with all legislation governing the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Any personal information you supply will remain strictly confidential and anonymous and will be held and used in line with the Data Protection Act 2018.