Online payments unavailable

Due to essential maintenance our online payment system will be unavailable this weekend. Payments can be made using our telephone payment service by calling 0300 456 0530

Getting married abroad

The legal requirement for getting married abroad can differ dramatically depending on where you have chosen to have your ceremony.

You may need a document called a ‘Certificate of No Impediment’ which Warrington Register Office can provide for you (provided you have lived in Warrington for the previous nine days). If you have been advised that you need a Certificate of No Impediment please call the register office to make an appointment.

Please note that Warrington Registration Service cannot advise you on what type of paperwork you will need for a wedding abroad.

You can find more information on marriage in a foreign country by contacting that country’s embassy or by visiting the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.