Warrington Safeguarding Adults Board (WSAB)
Warrington Safeguarding Adults Board (WSAB) was set up under the Care Act 2014.
The main purpose of the board is to assure itself that safeguarding arrangements in Warrington and strong and sustainable. The board also makes sure that any partners agencies act together to help protect adults at risk.
Mission Statement of Warrington Safeguarding Adults Board
We'll oversee local arrangements so that safeguarding adults at risk is prioritised and coordinated effectively. We're committed to:
- Continuous improvement
- Learning from experience
- Helping vulnerable adults at risk of neglect and abuse to have a voice and influence
WSAB is responsible for:
- Establishing policies and strategies which protect adults at risk
- Responding to emerging issues
- Developing local intelligence
- Promoting partnership working
- Challenging and holding agencies to account for their role in safeguarding and promoting health and wellbeing
The board sets out its priorities in its business plan and reports overall progress and achievements in an annual report.
WSAB is chaired by an independent person. Its members and advisors are senior representatives from a wide range of organisations including members from three statutory organisations:
- Warrington Borough Council
- Clinical Commissioning Group
- Cheshire Police
WSAB uses a number of subgroups to focus on priority areas for development and to ensure delivery of its objectives.
Each group has its own terms of reference and work plan, the board receives updates on a quarterly basis from each sub group. The WSAB also has links with other strategic boards and partnerships.
Warrington Safeguarding Adult Forum (SAF)
The safeguarding forum is made up of people from a broad range of organisations to share safeguarding information. The SAF enables valuable links to be made with community groups so that the WSAB is influenced by a range of voices from the local community.
Further information and downloads
- WBC Adult Safeguarding Peer Challenge Report [pdf]
- WSAB Strategic Plan on a page [pdf]
- WSAB Strategic Plan - Jan 16 [pdf]
- Annual Report 2016-17 [pdf]
- Annual Report 2015-16 [pdf]
- Annual Report 2014-15 [pdf]
- Memorandum of Understanding - Member organisation [pdf]
- Memorandum of Understanding - Individual [pdf]
- WSAB Information Sharing Protocol [pdf]
- WSAB Performance Framework 2016 [docx]
- WSAB Partnerships and expectations [pdf]