Staff rewards, benefits, wellbeing and learning
Rewards and benefits
We’ve said it before and we’ll happily say it again: Our people help make Warrington work. Because our people do such a great job, we’ve put together an attractive and competitive benefits package including...
- Flexible working - including the possibility of job share, homeworking, flexi-time, reduction in hours for care commitments, career breaks and generous maternity, paternity and adoption schemes.
- Holiday allowance - from 25 to 30 days, depending on how long you have worked for us.
- Childcare vouchers - significant savings on childcare costs for children aged 0-15.
- Pension - automatic entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Cycle to work - save money on the cost of a new bike, plus free cycling training courses
- Car leasing scheme - get a low emission car at a competitive price through a salary sacrifice arrangement.
- Discount bus passes - All employees can access a 25% discount on all weekly, monthly and annual bus passes purchased for use on Warrington Borough Transport services.
- Local discounts - discounts and exclusive staff offers with local businesses in Warrington, from restaurants and bars to gyms and shops.
- Save on your shopping - fantastic discount and savings scheme with 3,000+ retailers offering discounts, cashback, reloadable cards or high street vouchers.
- Sport and leisure - a membership scheme saving money on gyms, sport, cinema, theme parks and more, inc. free entry to English Heritage sites
- Health plans - low-price membership to Medicash to help cover the costs of day-to-day healthcare
- Warrington Wolves - discounted season tickets
Learning and development
We want you to be the very best you can be. Whatever your job, skills or background, we’ll open up a whole world of learning and development to you.
As a new employee from the very start you will be “Welcomed to Warrington” and our induction programme will set you on the road for success. We’ll introduce you to everything we do and everything you can look forward to whilst working with us.
We know that learning isn’t just about attending formal training courses or workshops, so we offer you access to a broad range of development solutions such as coaching, e-learning and secondments.
As part of your continual personal development you will meet regularly with your manager to review your performance and to discuss your training and development. This is also an opportunity to look at future performance and agree objectives and actions, and for you to discuss and agree the resources and training you will need to achieve them.
We believe every one of our employees has the power to shape their own future career. Your ambition and hard work, along with our continuing support, will see you achieve whatever you set out to do. Whether you want to gain promotion, move into a different function or even a different service area, we can help you get there.
Health and wellbeing
Occupational Health Service - The Occupational Health Service provides a wide range of services to support healthy working including sickness absence management, employment health screening, health surveillance, physiotherapy, counselling, health promotion and an extensive range of other specialist medical services.
Discounted leisure passes - LiveWire provides discounted leisure facilities and activities for staff through five leisure centres. The discount is applicable to employees and also open to a plus one living at the same address.
Cycle to work scheme - Employees can take advantage of a salary sacrifice scheme, which means you don’t pay tax and NI on the loan, to help pay for the cost of a bicycle and accessories up to the value of £1,000.